2017 TEECA EAST SCHEDULE: Thursday, November 9 through Saturday, November 11
The 2017 TEECA Eastern Regional Conference will be held Thursday, November 9 – Saturday, November 11, 2017 at The Virginia Beach Resort Hotel & Conference Center, 2800 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.
This year, the conference is being hosted by Millersville University of Pennsylvania. The planning committee has been hard at work developing ideas for exciting competitive, social, and professional development events. We encourage all schools in the TEECA EAST Region to attend. Please begin your planning now for the November 2017 conference. Note that non-education majors may participate as long as they meet the membership requirements of the TEECA-related student organization at your university.
- Students and faculty advisers should plan to arrive at the conference center between 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 9, 2017 in time to pick up registration packets and T-shirts.
- Check-in is listed as 4:00 PM by the hotel, but they can sometimes get us into our rooms prior to this time.
- The Technology Challenge will begin at 7:00 p.m. We suggest that students eat dinner prior to the event.
- There will be a special event taking place directly following the Technology Challenge on Thursday evening (location to be determined) which will engage students in a team-oriented and fun activity. This is a unique professional development opportunity and we expect all students in attendance to participate. It will be FUN and it will be REWARDING. Please plan to participate.
- Curfew is at midnight.
- There will be competitive events occurring all day on Friday. We encourage all schools to participate in as many events as possible.
- The Job Fair will be during the lunch hour (11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.). Adequate time is provided for lunch and to visit the recruiters. This is a great opportunity for students to talk with teacher recruiters and to practice interviewing skills. Bring your resume!
- Friday will conclude with the Formal Banquet and a Keynote Speaker.
- Saturday morning activities will begin at 8:30 a.m. with open viewing of the students’ work. We would like representative students to stand by their work to provide explanations and answer questions about their work.
- The Problem Solving Performance Trials will begin at 9:15 a.m.
- The Awards Luncheon will be from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon at which time the conference will conclude.